Job Role Description
Are you passionate about working within the sports industry?
We are delighted to present our fantastic new apprenticeship opportunity, to work alongside Diamond Sports Academy as a Trainee Coach.
This new apprenticeship role offers the opportunity to develop upon key sports coaching skills, leading to to the delivery of lessons in schools, after school clubs, lunch clubs, summer/holiday clubs and to sports teams.
About The Employer
From the humble beginnings of a father wanting to teach his sons football, taking them to the local park and finding that week after week, more and more parents were bringing their children, engaging in the activities and returning, weekly to participate.
This was the beginning of Diamond Academy! In 2014, Dean Broomes decided to make it official and formed Diamond Academy, engaging young people in positive activities in the neighbourhood that he grew up in, for the communities he engaged with, and in the sport, that as a teenager he also had aspirations of a professional career.
Diamond Academy has grown from a weekend kick about to structured club with training delivered by FA Level 2 Coaches, and teams competing in the Midlands Junior Premier League (MJPL) and the Walsall Junior Youth League.
With children and young people participating from ages 6 – 18, Diamond Academy Sports CIC, is the expansion to providing the same opportunities in other sports, as Diamond Academy FC is enhanced with educational options, leading to employment opportunities. Diamond Academy can also support and provide opportunities for adults still interested in playing sports like football recreationally, for physical fitness and for the goal of a football career.
- Planning, setting up and breaking/packing away of activities
- Supervising Activities
- Encouraging active habits and healthy eating
- Health and Safety Checks, Risk Assessments
- Supervising Children to parents/guardians or back to classrooms
- Planning, setup up and supervising other activities such as art and crafts
- Food Preparation/Serving
- Working both indoor and outdoors with Children aged 5 to 16
- Potential to get involved with grassroots Football Teams in the Midland Junior Premier League and the Walsall Junior Football League
Training You'll Receive
Our Community Activator Coach Level 2 Standard includes modules such as:
- Plan, deliver, evaluate and reflect on delivery of sport and activity opportunities
- Understanding how to modify behaviour and style and use customer insight to tailor activities
- Being equipped with the range of tools and techniques that are needed to offer different sports and activities in different environments
- Ability to understand their limitations and boundaries, and knowing how and when to
work with specialists from other professions
+ Many more!
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace.
This employer will also be providing Safeguarding, First Aid and Health & Safety training to support the completion of this Apprenticeship.
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Must have a keen interest in sports and coaching
- Hard Working
- Good Communicator
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in sports coaching
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C), we also accept Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent.
- We would like candidates to have some work experience within the sports sector, although this is not essential
20 to 25 hours per week
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
This role offers further development opportunities throughout and at then end of the programme, for example, FA Level 1, Refereeing and others.
After This Apprenticeship
Following successful completion of this apprenticeship, you'll have the opportunity to progress with your career within sports coaching.
You may also want to further your education journey by applying for higher education courses at University or into a higher level apprenticeship..
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research us as the employer prior to an interview.