Job Role Description
Are you looking to kick-start your career in the accounting sector?
We are currently working alongside Taxlink Accountants, to recruit a Payroll Administration Apprentice to join their growing team. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to develop the key skills, knowledge and behaviours of an administrator, whilst also gaining valuable experience in the accounting and finance sector.
During this role, you'll be supported by both GFT and your employer to achieve a Business Administration Level 3 standard.
About The Employer
Taxlink Accountants are a well established firm of accountants offering services such as Preparing and filing accounts for SME’s, sole traders and partnerships. We offer payroll services, from start to finish, prepare and file VAT returns as well as Administration and Advice.
- Entering Data to raise wage slips and sending them out to clients, some on a weekly basis, 4 weekly or Monthly.
- Checking and auditing timesheets and entering the data into our software.
- Filing RTI’s with HMRC
- Liaising with clients via email
- Answering calls and helping customers with queries
- Entering new employees into payroll system as well as removing leavers information
- Set up eligible new employees onto the NEST Pensions system and complete administrative tasks relating.
- Data Analysis for VAT returns
- General administrative/clerical duties to meet and support the needs of the wider business
Training You'll Receive
Our Business Administrator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Document Production
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Online Safety
- Use of Microsoft
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Performance
+ Many more!
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace.
This employer will also be offering tailored training for the role, which includes:
- Completing a Bank Statement Analysis
- Preparing VAT returns
- Using any in-house softwares used by the business, such as payroll
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Good communication
- Career focused
- Strong Maths/Numerical skills
- Basic IT skills
- Must be able to use your own initiative
- Have the confidence to work alone when required
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in administration or accountancy
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C), we also accept Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent.
- We would like candidates to have some administration or accounting experience, although this is not essential
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there could be further opportunities to develop based on the business needs and your career interests.
Whilst completing this role, you'll be working alongside an experienced team and a vast support network.
After This Apprenticeship
Following successful completion of this apprenticeship, you'll have the opportunity to progress with your career within the business.
You may also want to further your education journey by applying for higher level apprenticeships, further education courses, or University.
This role will also qualify you to progress onto permanent employment within an administration or a finance role.
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer directly. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research us and the employer prior to your interview.