Job Role Description
We are currently recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice to join the team at Star Legal, a leading Law Firm who are renowned for services in Mental Health, Childcare and Family Law.
This role is an excellent opportunity to kick-start your career in the legal sector, with a company who will support you to develop new skills, gain valuable experience and a recognised qualification as a Business Administrator at Level 3.
Star Legal are looking for candidates to be well organised, accurate and diligent with great IT skills. This is a busy department, you will improve and progress and become a vital member of our staff. You will also benefit from working with a large national firm which still retains its small company family feel.
Full training for this role will be provided by both the employer and GFT as the Training Provider.
About The Employer
Quality legal services, delivered locally.
The Walsall office incorporates the well established firm of CMHT Solicitors, that has served the local community in the Walsall area for over 30 years. The previous offices, of CMHT Solicitors, both the Walsall and Aldridge offices joined Star Legal in 2019.
The Walsall office is managed by Philip Bellshaw and Valerie Cox. Philip specialises in mental health work. Valerie has over 30 years' experience in cases involving children and families involved with Social Services. As a proud Black Country firm we know our area and its people. Clients are the heart of our business, we are here to help you whatever your problem. Our team of solicitors offer a wide range of personal and professional legal services and are renowned for their expertise in Mental Health, Childcare and Family law. The Walsall and Aldridge offices of Star Legal have a Legal Aid contract for Mental Health and Family Law.
The billing support assistant is responsible to the Partners and Office Manager and will provide support to ensure the legal aid business function that is vital to the firm's business is managed, accurately and efficiently. Please note, this is not an accounting role.
- Following procedures as specified in the Practice Management Standards and Procedures Manual
- Maintaining a professional persona at all time with general public
- Data input of time recording spent by Fee Earner to ensure Client's files are billed in a timely manner
- Saving and Printing Documents to the Client file within the Case Management system by accessing of E mails for Fee Earners and Legal Assistants
- Dealing with queries from Fee Earners and Professionals in relation to file preparation and documents for the purpose of Billing.
- Assisting with raising bills using the Case Management system for Legal Aided Client files for the Mental Health and Family/Care Departments.
Training You'll Receive
Our Business Administrator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Document Production
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Online Safety
- Use of Microsoft
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Performance
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace.
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Career focused
- Good communication skills
- Polite and well presented
- Organisational skills to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and a strong eye for detail
- Team player yet able to work individually
- Proficient in IT skills
- Highly motivated with a keen interest in building a career within our billing team.
- Friendly, helpful and of smart appearance.
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in administration, or more specifically in the legal sector
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 5 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in an office environment would be advantageous but is not essential
35 Hours Per Week.
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
1 Hour Lunch Break.
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
There will be full time, permanent employment with possible development opportunities upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
After This Apprenticeship
This employer will consider a full time role for successful candidates after completion of this apprenticeship.
Following completion of this Level 3 apprenticeship, you can continue your apprenticeship progression by advancing on to Level 4. You may also have the opportunity to apply for higher education courses at University.
This role will also qualify you to progress onto permanent employment within an administration role..
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates