Job Role Description
We are delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity within the GFT Recruitment Team. If you're confident, and passionate about supporting people into work, this role may be perfect. Whilst working towards a Level 2 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, you'll be carrying out important duties to support the running of our Recruitment Department.
Our team has a wealth of experience within the training industry, and you'll have the opportunity to progress with your career within our growing company.
About The Employer
We are an independent Training Provider, based in the heart of Birmingham, offering a range of training programmes that aim to start or enhance peoples careers.
Our programmes are especially designed to develop the key skills needed to gain employment.
Over the last 30 years we have built a strong reputation for identifying and maximising people’s potential with emphasis on helping our learners establish a positive attitude towards themselves, others and their work.
Duties of this role include:
- Answering Calls
- Arranging Interviews
- Matching CV’s and candidates to suitable roles
- Talking to employers to gather information for new vacancies
- Discussing GFT’s Apprenticeship delivery and requirements (20% off-the-job Training)
- Attending Events (Career Fair’s, skills shows, Apprenticeship events and school information events)
- Onboarding discussions (talking to learners about their experiences)
- Completing sign ups/enrolments with learners and employers starting their Apprenticeships
- Attending Recruitment Meetings
- General Administration duties
Training You'll Receive
Our Business Administrator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Document Production
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Online Safety
- Use of Microsoft
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Performance
+ Many more!
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace.
We will also provide specific training for this role, which includes:
- Prevent Duty
- Interview Techniques
- Sign Up Training (Contractual Compliance)
- Onboarding Training
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Confident, clear and concise with communication
- Reliable and have an excellent record of attendance and timekeeping
- Willing to learn new skills
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in administration or recruitment
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C), we also accept Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent.
- We would like candidates to have some administration experience, although this is not essential
All candidates must be willing to complete a DBS check (Paid for by us)
8:30am til 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
40 Hours Per Week
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there could be further opportunities to develop based on our business needs and your career interests.
Whilst completing this role, you'll be working alongside an experienced team and a vast support network.
After This Apprenticeship
Following successful completion of this apprenticeship, you'll have the opportunity to progress with your career within our business.
You may also want to further your education journey by applying for higher education courses at University.
This role will also qualify you to progress onto permanent employment within an administration role.
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research us as the employer prior to an interview.