About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join Seesaws Day Nursery, a leading nursery based in Erdington (Birmingham). This is a fantastic and rewarding opportunity to work in a Childcare environment whilst working towards a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Standard. Full training for this role will be provided.
Duties of the Role
Working in a busy and challenging environment, the duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
(The above duties cover a Level 2 qualification however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader).
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
- Maths and English at GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C or equivalent e.g. Functional skills level 2
-To progress onto Level 3 you must hold a Childcare Level 2 qualification with experience in a nursery/day centre setting
Your Future After This Apprenticeship
This employer will consider a full time role for successful candidates after completion of this apprenticeship.
Following completion of this Level 2 apprenticeship, you can continue your apprenticeship progression by advancing on a Level 3 Early Years Educator role .
- Passion to work with children
- Cope well under pressure
- Caring nature
- Excellent communication skills (will be dealing with parents)
Working Hours, Salary & Job Benefits
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.
Training You'll Receive
Our Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Standard includes modules such as:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Partnership working in Early Years
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years settings
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the Early Years
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years settings
- Understand how to support Children's development
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Support the needs of babies and young children with special educational needs and disability.
You will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.