About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join the team at Jumping Jacks Day Nursery based in King's Heath. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 15 months with fantastic career prospects! Full training for this role will be provided.
Duties of the Role
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate.
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self- confidence and worth
- Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!)
- Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 2 (A to E) or Functional Skills Level 1/2 or equivalents
- Desire to learn
- Committed to the role
- Good communicator
- Able to enhance children’s learning and development
- Knowledge of EYFS Curriculum requirements
- PC Literate
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.