About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner join Hummingbirds Day Nursery in Birmingham (B19). This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 3.
Duties of the Role
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age-related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
(The above duties cover both a Level 2 and 3 qualification, however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader).
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training
- Age 16-18: Maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1/2 or equivalents
- Have a level 2 childcare qualification
- Passion to work with children
- Caring nature
- Excellent communication skills - as you will be dealing with parents
- Ability to cope under pressure
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Educator Level 3 (Standard) with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.