About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join Shining Pearls Nursery, based in Duddeston (B7). This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 15 months. Full training for this role will be provided.
Duties of the Role
- To promote highest standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child
- To assess, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager, the individual needs of each child
- To assess the progress of each child
- To carry out effectively and thoroughly the daily programs drawn up for each age-related children’s groups
- To make sure, under supervision, that the rooms, toys and equipment are kept in a clean and safe condition and any maintenance or breakages are reported
- To report to the childcare assessor on a weekly basis
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first, with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
- Age 16-18: GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
Your Future After This Apprenticeship
Following completion of this Level 2 apprenticeship, you can continue your apprenticeship progression by advancing on a Level 3 Early Years Educator role .
- Passion for childcare
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Caring personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
Working Hours, Salary & Job Benefits
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.
Training You'll Receive
Our Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Standard includes modules such as:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Partnership working in Early Years
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years settings
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the Early Years
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years settings
- Understand how to support Children's development
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Support the needs of babies and young children with special educational needs and disability..
You will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.