About the Programme/Sector
Apprentice Nursery Assistant required for Shining Pearls Nursery in Birmingham (B7). This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 3 for 18 months.
Duties of the Role
- To promote highest standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional, and social development of each child
- To assess, in conjunction with the Deputy Manager, the individual needs of each child
- To assess the progress of each child
- To carry out effectively and thoroughly the daily programs drawn up for each age-related children’s groups
- To make sure, under supervision, that the rooms, toys and equipment are kept in a clean and safe condition and any maintenance or breakages are reported
- To report to the childcare assessor on a weekly basis
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first, with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Age 16-18: GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: must have GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Passion for childcare
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Caring personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
Duration, Pay & Award
After 18 Months you will achieve a Early Years Educator Level 3 (Standard) with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is £4.15 per hour.