About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join Apple Kids Day Nurseries, based in Spark Hill. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare at Level 2. Full training for this role will be provided.
Duties of the Role
- Planning and completing activities with children
- Supporting children’s development and play
- Maintaining development records
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Help prepare meals
- Any other related duties to support business requirements
Please do not contact this employer, you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 2 (A to E) or Functional Skills Level 1/2 or equivalents
- Desire to learn
- Desire to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.