Job Role Description
Are you looking to kick-start your career in childcare?
We are currently working in partnership with Isra Daycare, a leading Nursery based in Birmingham, who are looking to recruit an apprentice to support their growing team. If you're a confident individual, who has a passion for working alongside children to support their development, this role may be the perfect opportunity!
During this role, you'll be supported by the employer and a dedicated Assessor throughout the Level 2 or Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship.
About The Employer
Isra Day Care Ltd is a successful, independent and outstanding Birmingham based nursery. They provide excellent care services for children.
Working in a busy childcare environment in a rewarding role with a leading nursery, the varied duties will include:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including
cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children; work as a team and provide
activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate
- Giving children choices to enhance their self-confidence and worth
Training You'll Receive
Our Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Understanding legislation in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Working in Partnership
- Paediatric First Aid
- Legislation in relation to Health and Safety of Children
- Following legislation in relation to Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Practice
- Understand the value of play
- Plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children's learning and development
- Promote enabling play environments
- Development of Children's cognitive skills
- Promoting Children's speech, language and communication
- Promoting Children's physical development
- Promoting Children's personal, social and emotional development
- Promote development of Children's Literacy and Mathematics
- Supporting Children's transition to School
- Supporting Children with additional needs
- Support and promote healthy lifestyles for children through food, nutrition and exercise
- Promote emotional well-being of Children
+ Much more!
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Willingness to train and develop further skills
- Good attention to detail
- Team worker
- Use own initiative
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in childcare
- Age 16-18: GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- We would like candidates to have some prior experience or knowledge within the childcare sector, however this is not essential
35 Hours a week
Shifts per week between 8am-8pm, on a rota basis, every Monday to Friday.
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there could be further opportunities to develop based on the employer needs and your career interests.
Whilst completing this role, you'll be working alongside an experienced team and a vast support network.
After This Apprenticeship
This employer will consider a full time role for successful candidates after completion of this apprenticeship..
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research us as the employer prior to an interview.