About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join Fitcap Nursery, a childcare provider based in Sheldon. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Early Years Level 2. Full training will be provided whilst completing this role.
Duties of the Role
Gain valuable experience in a nursery environment; the varied duties will include:
- Assisting the qualified staff with the day to day care of the children including cleaning, nappy changing and feeding
- Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the setting
- Planning and completing activities with the children
- This role requires you to be able to work as a team and provide activities for children that are fun, enjoyable, challenging and age appropriate
- Throughout this role you will be giving children choices to enhance their self confidence and worth
- Working in the baby room
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section).
Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: Must have maths and English GCSE or equivalent grade 2 to 9 (A to E) or Functional Skills Level 1 or 2
- Passion for working with children
- Interested in childcare long-term
- Confidence and patience with children
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.