About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join Sunshine Day Nursery in Birmingham (B9). This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Early Years Educator Level 3 for 18 months.
Duties of the Role
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that every 'child matters' is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- As this nursery is a pack away setting, you will need to set up for hall and activities for the children
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent) or Functional Skills (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 8 to 4 (A to C) or Functional Skills Level 2
This employer would like candidates to have a Level 2 qualification in Childcare with at least 6 months experience working in a nursery
- Desire to learn
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to relate to and understand the needs of nursery aged children
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have a flexible attitude
- Ability to create an enabling environment focused on children's needs
- Organisational, recording and planning skills
Duration, Pay & Award
After 18 Months you will achieve a Early Years Educator Level 3 (Standard) with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.