About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join the team at Khadra Day Care in Nechells, Birmingham. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification as an Early Years Practitioner at Level 2.
Duties of the Role
- To promote highest standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- To assess the progress of each child
- To carry out effectively and thoroughly the daily programmes drawn up for each age-related children’s -groups
- To make sure, under supervision, that the rooms, toys and equipment are kept in a clean and safe condition and any maintenance or breakages are reported
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9 to 3 (A* to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
- Willingness to train and develop further skills
- Team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.