About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant join the team at Angels Day Nursery in Sutton Coldfield. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 2 for 15 months.
Duties of the Role
- Caring for children, including nappy changing and toilet training
- Completing activities with children
- Preparing meals, snacks and drinks
- Keeping records of attendance
- Making observations and recording them for development
- Reporting any concerns about the children and their welfare to Management
- Assisting senior staff by completing tasks required
- General housekeeping
- Any other duties related duties to support nursery required
- Other varied duties included at later stages once experience and competent
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the apprenticeship first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply via the link as specified). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer, for you to be considered for this vacancy (we have lots of other vacancies too!).
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 3 (A to D) or Functional Skills Level 1-2 or equivalents
- Willingness to train and develop further skills
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Duration, Pay & Award
After 15 Months you will achieve a Early Years Practitioner Level 2 with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.