Job Role Description
Are you looking to pursue a career in Childcare?
We are currently recruiting for a confident, reliable and enthusiastic individual to join the team at a leading Nursery based in Lozells, as an Apprentice Childcare Practitioner. Working in a busy childcare environment, you'll be responsible for supporting the team to carry out activities with the Children.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to develop upon your key skills, knowledge and behaviours, ready to progress with your career in the childcare sector.
About The Employer
Happy Days Nursery is a leading nusery based in Birmingham who have fantastic childcare services to children aged 0-5.
Working in a busy childcare environment and supporting staff where necessary, you will have a variety of tasks which will include:
- Assisting key workers with specific groups of children
- Ensure that Every Child Matters is considered in each room
- Promote inclusion of children with special educational needs
- Promote equality of opportunities throughout the nursery
- As this nursery is a pack away setting you will need to set up for hall and activities for
- Any other related duties as required
Training You'll Receive
Our Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Understanding legislation in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Working in Partnership
- Paediatric First Aid
- Legislation in relation to Health and Safety of Children
- Following legislation in relation to Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Practice
- Understand the value of play
- Plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children's learning and development
- Promote enabling play environments
- Development of Children's cognitive skills
- Promoting Children's speech, language and communication
- Promoting Children's physical development
- Promoting Children's personal, social and emotional development
- Promote development of Children's Literacy and Mathematics
- Supporting Children's transition to School
- Supporting Children with additional needs
- Support and promote healthy lifestyles for children through food, nutrition and exercise
- Promote emotional well-being of Children
+ Much more!
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Relate to and understand the needs of nursery aged children
- Communicate effectively at all levels and have a flexible attitude
- Create an enabling environment focused on children's needs
- Organisational, recording and planning skills
- Desire to learn
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in childcare
- Age 16-18: GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- We would like candidates to have some prior experience or knowledge within the childcare sector, however this is not essential
Shifts per week (on a rota basis), between 7am to 6pm, every Monday to Friday.
35 Hours Per Week
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there could be further opportunities to develop based on the employer needs and your career interests.
Whilst completing this role, you'll be working alongside an experienced team and a vast support network.
After This Apprenticeship
This employer will consider a full time role for successful candidates after completion of this apprenticeship.
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research us as the employer prior to an interview.