Job Role Description
We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Administrator to join Smart Awards based in Coventry. This is an excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Business Administration Level 3.
About The Employer
Smart Awards operates as a National Awarding and End Point Assessment Organisation predominately dedicated to the telecommunication, construction, digital and utility sectors. They are approved by Ofqual and SQA Accreditation to offer regulated qualifications in England and Scotland and approved to deliver independent end point assessments across a number of apprenticeship standards.
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan
- Responding to information requests from authorised members
- Testing new database systems and software updates
Training You'll Receive
Our Business Administrator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Document Production
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Online Safety
- Use of Microsoft
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Performance
+ Many more!
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace.
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Polite telephone manner
- Use of your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Driver preferred (to get there, for role driver is not required)
- Desire to work and learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive can-do attitude
- Age 16+
- Not currently in Education, Employment or Training
- Eligible to work in England
- Looking for a career in Administration
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 5 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent.
- This employer would like candidates to have some administration experience, although this is not essential
35 Hours Per Week
9:00am - 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
£13,000 per annum
This role offers excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate. Whilst completing the apprenticeship you'll be surrounded by a supporting team, who have a strong understanding of work-based learning.
After This Apprenticeship
Following completion of this Level 3 apprenticeship, you can continue your apprenticeship progression by advancing on to Level 4. You may also have the opportunity to apply for higher education courses at University.
This role will also qualify you to progress onto permanent employment within an administration role..
Things To Consider
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.