About the Programme/Sector
We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to join City Quick Logistics, a leading Courier and Transportation company, as a Level 3 Apprentice. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to gain full training and valuable experience in an administration role at their Birmingham based offices. Alongside earning money, you'll also have the opportunity to qualify as a Level 3 Business Administrator.
This role offers fantastic career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
City Quick Logistics is an established family run business providing nationwide sameday urgent logistics solutions to a diverse range of industries 24/7 365 day a year.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm with 1hr unpaid lunch.
Duties of the Role
- Telephone liaison with customers, taking courier bookings accurately and dealing with customer queries.
- Calculating quotes and advising ETAs and maintaining our service level agreements with our customers.
- Dispatching drivers to make collections and deliveries ensuring driver fully aware of customer requirements.
- Entering details of deliveries and collections onto internal transport management system.
- Responding to emails requesting courier services or a quotation swiftly and politely in a timely manner.
- Proactive in keeping our customers informed of any issues or delays at all times.
- Monitoring job/driver progress via GPS tracking.
- Processing information to enable invoice production.
- Ensuring that vehicles and drivers are operating effectively and profitably.
Please do not contact this employer; you must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider, Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy. Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Age 16-18: maths and English at GCSE or Functional Skills or equivalents (grades will be discussed at interview)
- Age 19+: must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalents
Your Future After This Apprenticeship
This employer will consider a full time role for successful candidates after completion of this apprenticeship.
Following completion of this Level 3 apprenticeship, you can continue your apprenticeship progression by advancing on to Level 4. You may also have the opportunity to apply for higher education courses at University.
This role will also qualify you to progress onto permanent employment within an administration role.
- Highly organized, effective and logical thinker with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to showcase a professional manner at all times
- Excellent punctuality and timekeeping
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with a good confident telephone manner when dealing with customers.
- Ability to build effective client relationships.
- Strong IT skills, ability to use and pick up our in-house systems.
- Flexible approach to 24/7 working hours – punctual and excellent attendance.
- Ability to world without constant supervision in a high-pressured transport environment.
Working Hours, Salary & Job Benefits
After 15 Months you will achieve a Business Administrator Level 3 (Standard) with this apprenticeship.
The base salary is National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage.
Training You'll Receive
Our Business Administrator Level 3 Standard includes modules such as:
- Document Production
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Online Safety
- Use of Microsoft
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Managing Performance
This employer is also offering specific CRM dispatch training to support you with this role.
You will have access to a laptop and the internet to complete your training whilst in the workplace..
You will achieve a Business Administrator Level 3 (Standard) with this apprenticeship.