- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- CPR and AED
- Administering First Aid to a choking casualty
- Putting a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
Who is this course for?
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider, how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED and assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury and illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries and anaphylaxis.
Upon successful completion of the course the delegate will be issued a certificate of attendance.
Highfield Award in First Aid at Work Level 3