Nov. 29, 2021, 3:15 p.m.
Following the Prime Ministers Statement on Saturday the DFE have launched their operational guidance update this morning for all schools and FE Institutions.
The main changes are as follows:
- We recommend that face coverings should be worn by students, staff and adult visitors when moving around the premises, outside of classrooms or indoor teaching areas, such as in corridors and communal areas. This is a temporary measure. Students in FE settings should also wear a face covering when travelling on public transport and dedicated transport to and from the settings. We do not advise that students and staff wear face coverings in classrooms or other indoor teaching areas, such as workshops.
- Isolation rules are unchanged. Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 that has not been identified as the Omicron variant, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19 that is not the Omicron variant, and any of the following apply:
• They’re fully vaccinated
• They’re below the age of 18 years 6 months
• They’ve taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
• They’re not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend an education or childcare setting, and have been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 that has not been identified as the Omicron variant, should continue to attend the setting as normal.
As a result of this updated guidance, GFT will require all staff to wear a face covering whilst walking around the corridors, and other communal areas of our Training Centre. We also recommend to tutors that they should be cautious when around students, by staying at distance where possible. We will also be ensuring classrooms are ventilated and all staff and students should be maintaining good hygiene.