Feb. 11, 2022, 12:03 p.m.
To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2022, we have asked some of our dedicated apprenticeship employers to answer a Q&A in hope it inspires other employers to invest in an Apprentice. Angels Day Nursery, who have invested in a number of Apprentices, have kindly shared their experience of being an apprenticeship employer with GFT.
1. Briefly describe the reason behind investing in an Apprentice within your business...
We feel that apprentices help to build the workforce for the future in our industry. It gives many young people the opportunity to train and earn at the same time, giving them the essential skills needed to build a career.
2. Would you say investing in an Apprentice has positively impacted your business?
Yes, we feel that the apprenticeship scheme is beneficial as we have been supported by the training provider to expand our workforce.
3. What was the recruitment process like for you, did you enjoy the experience of hiring an apprentice?
The onboarding process is very well organised and the Training Provider is transparent every step of the way.
4. Will you be considering employing more apprentices in the future?
We would love to offer more young people the chance to get involved with the apprenticeship scheme.
5. What would you say is the most beneficial aspect of investing in apprentices?
We have watched many apprentices develop with us over the years and has had a positive impact on our business. When apprentices finish their qualifications, they are well equipped to grow within our company and the opportunities we can provide long term are fantastic.
If your business is considering taking on an apprentice, and you would like further information, please visit: https://www.wearegft.co.uk/employer-information/