About the Apprenticeship
Childcare Practitioners have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours. As part of this Apprenticeship, you will gain valuable experience in a professional Childcare setting whilst working under supervision for a variety of roles which could include: Nursery Practitioner, Classroom Assistant, Nursery Nurse or Pre-School Practitioner.
Key responsibilities in this role may involve: Planning and delivering activities, Supporting children with reaching their full potential, Communicating with parents and external agencies, Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child, plus many more duties.
This Apprenticeship can be carried out at either Level 2 or Level 3.
- The Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship should take approximately 12 months to complete.
- The Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship should take approximately 18 months to complete.
Both apprenticeship levels provide a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours, which can be gained working within a Childcare setting.
The need to communicate and represent your work clearly is reflected in the assessment methods of End Point Assessment (EPA). The assessment methodology provides fair, valid and rigorous assessment across the learning outcomes of the Standard and guidelines on completing assessment.
- Must be a UK/EU resident for the past 3 Years and eligible to work in the UK
- Must have a career choice in Childcare / Early Years
- Must have relevant work experience
- Must not be in Education, Employment or Training
- For Level 2 you must have grade 9 - 2 / A* - E at GCSE (We also consider Functional Skills assessments)
- For Level 3 you must have grade 9 - 4 / A* to C at GCSE (We also consider Functional Skills assessments)